Ћирилица     Latinica   
Name: Vinča – Belo brdo
Municipality: Grocka
Location (place, town, city): Vinča
Institute: Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of Serbia
Regional institute: Belgrade City Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments
CR No.: AS 5
Date of inscription in the CR: 19.07.1991
Category: NCM of outstanding value
Type: Archaeological sites
Year/period of construction: from Prehistory untill Middle ages

Archaeological site Vinča is in the village of Vinča, on the right bank of the Danube, in the vicinity of the confluence of the Bolečica river, 14km downstream from Belgrade.
Remains of a settlement dating from the period between 5200 to 4200 B.C. have been found. At some points, the cultural horizon is up to 10.5m high and contains remains of life dating from the Neolithic period up to the Iron age, and the latest cultural horizon revealed an old Serbian burial site from the period between 9th and 15th centuries.
The first archaeological excavations in Vinča were started by Miloje M. Vasić in 1908 on the area of about 400m2. Between 1929 and 1931 the site came into focus of interest of all archaeology as a renown find, owing to a fact that the investigations were funded by a British patron Sir Charles Hyde, which contributed to its publicity, particularly in British newspapers. Since 1978 archaeological investigations have been going on up to the present day.