Ћирилица     Latinica   
Name: Čelarevo, the Dunđerski family mansion
Municipality: Bačka Palanka
Location (place, town, city): Čelarevo
Institute: Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of Serbia
Regional institute: Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of Novi Sad
CR No.: CM 1015
Date of inscription in the CR: 22.12.1993
Category: NCM of outstanding value
Type: Cultural monument
Year/period of construction: 1837

The complex consists of several buildings put up in a spacious park, arranged in the manner of English gardens. It is on a squire’s estate established in the second half of the 18th century. The smaller manor house was built by Marfi Lipot at the turn of the 19th century. The larger mansion was built by Nikola Bezeredi between 1834 and 1837, as an imposing landowner’s mansion.

It features several windows in a row with volute console supported lintels and a series of balusters at the bottom. At its east side there is a baroque portico supported by four Doric columns with a triangular tympanum above, and along a garden side there is a terrace with a staircase. There also used to be a Classicistic pavilion in the garden, but its lost now. The conservation and restoration works were done in stages in 1985, 1988 and 2003.